Waterproof your balcony in 4 simple Stages
Stage 1: Power Wash
Wash/water-blast the entire surface.
Stage 2: Detailing
Stage 3: 2 Coats of Waterproof Sealant
Once dry, apply 2 - 3 coats of Waterproof Sealant with brush, roller or LRDIY spray machine to full surface of the balcony surface area. Allow 24hours between coats.
1. Clean the entire surface.
2. Use a leaf blower to remove excess debris.
3. Pre cut Geo-Textile to bridge the seams, wall floor joins and screw holes.
4. Apply Waterproof Sealant with brush to seams, wall floor joins and screw holes before embedding the pre cut Geo-Textile - ensure you brush the air from underneath the applied Geo-Textile and make sure there are no crinkles. Once the area is finalised, instantly spray on Rapid Cure Spray to set product (Optional) Refer to the full video below.
5. Ensure to also apply Waterproof Sealant to any drain pipes (if any) - allow to cure.
6. Once dry, apply a first coat of Waterproof Sealant with brush, roller or LRDIY spray machine to full surface of the balcony surface area.
7. Following the Waterproof Sealant application, instantly spray on Rapid Cure Spray to set product incase of approaching rain or to speed the job up (Optional) (ensure Rapid Cure Spray is dry before apply second coat with brush or roller). Watch the rapid cure video to see how this is done.
8. Apply a second coat of Waterproof Sealant to entire surface area, applied in the opposite direction to first coat - more coats can be applied.
9. Recommended thickness 1.5mm dry-film (2 ltrs./sq. metre).
10. IMPORTANT - Waterproof Sealant must be cured - 24hours per 1mm minimum, longer during cold weather, usually weekend or 2-3 days is ideal - before tiling.