How to Waterproof a Leaking Metal Roof
Waterproof your roof in 5 Stages
Stage 1: Water Blasting
Wash/water-blast the entire surface. Use a leaf blower to remove excess water to ensure it’s dry.
Stage 2: Detailing
1. Wash/water-blast the entire surface.
2. Use a leaf blower to remove excess water to ensure it’s dry.
3. Identify holes, cracks, seams, corners, roofing screws, gaps and protrusions then pre cut Geo-Textile to bridge the defects.
4. Apply Seam Tape to any roof sheet joins.
5. Apply a first coat of Waterproof Sealant with brush, roller or LRDIY spray machine to holes, cracks, seams, corners, roofing screws, gaps, protrusions or over top of Seam Tape (if applied) before embedding the pre cut Geo-Textile - ensure you brush the air from underneath the applied Geo-Textile and make sure there are no crinkles. Refer to the full video below
7. Following the Waterproof Sealant application, instantly spray on Rapid Cure Spray to set product incase of approaching rain or to speed the job up (ensure Rapid Cure Spray is dry before apply second coat with brush or roller). Watch the rapid cure video to see how this is done.
8. Apply a second coat of Waterproof Sealant to the above defected areas - more coats can be applied.
9. Recommended thickness 1.5mm dry-film (2 ltrs./sq. metre).
10. IMPORTANT - Waterproof Sealant must be cured - 24hours per 1mm minimum, longer during cold weather, usually weekend or 2-3 days is ideal.
11. Once cured, wash surface again for any dirt or nature that may have landed on roof surface.