Liquid Rubber DIY – Tough Coat is a premium quality, seamless, water-based, co-polymer 2-3 component coating - Tough Coat + Tough Coat Hardener + Broadcast Grit.
It is designed to be mixed with the Tough Coat Hardener prior to application. It is highly flexible and very strong - like vinyl but liquid in a bucket. This mixture provides an abrasive-resistant, durable finish for both interior and exterior applications.
This product is designed to take light-medium traffic (dependent on thickness) and also, to top coat the Waterproof Sealant in water ponding areas e.g. gutters, ponds, pools, etc.
Also available in colours e.g. white, grey, black, blue.
Watch the Video on How to apply the Tough Coat on a Box Gutter
- Waterproof Sealant
– Box Gutters , Roofs
– Balconies and decks
- Masonry and plaster
– Rock / Coal / Steel / Bitumen
– Concrete and bricks
- Most primed metals
- Clay or sand surfaces
- Cement and asbestos
Please refer to the Specific Project for step-by-step instructions.
1. Apply products to clean, dry surface that is free of dirt, silicone, loose paint, rust, oil, grease etc. Use a Powerwascher to clean the surface.
2. Designed to be mixed with Tough Coat Hardener and oxides to produce a high build coating (extremely flexible and very strong).
3. Allow Waterproof Sealant to cure for 24 hours before applying the Tough Coat Mixture.
4. Broadcast Grit between Waterproof Sealant and the Tough Coat Mixture for optimal adhesion and grip.
The Tough Coat is applied at a rate of 1L / m2.
Use water if product is wet and solvents if product is dry.
Store in a cool dry place. Keep out of reach of children. This product is a Non-flammable-liquid and does not present any storage or transportation hazards.
We ship our Products throughout Australia and New Zealand.
FREE SHIPPING APPLIED TO ALL ORDERS WITHIN AUSTRALIA
Expected shipment duration: 3-8 Business days within Australia and 6 -26 Days on New Zealand orders.
Step 1: Mix the Tough Coat Hardener with 1.5 - 2L of water and stir well with a drill mixer.
Step 2: Pour the mixture into the 15L Tough Coat Bucket and stir it well with a drill mixer.
Note: The Tough Coat Hardener starts to react immediately after mixing it with water. Use up the product within 2h.